Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Missing sound library

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Missing sound library
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:53:14 -0300 (ADT)

I am using RedHat 8.0, it came with FreeCiv 1.13 so I keep trying to
upgrade to a newer FreeCiv but the available RMPs say:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0 is needed by freeciv-1.14.0beta3-1

The thing is, up2date claims there is no such RPM available and a search
at RedHat also fails to find such an RMP. There is no such library on this
machine:

bash-2.05b# locate libSDL
/usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
/usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0.0.4
/usr/lib/libSDL_net-1.2.so.0
/usr/lib/libSDL_net-1.2.so.0.0.4

So how are people using the recent RPMs? Is there something wrong with my
RedHat 8.0 install ?

I wasn't sure if maybe I should have sent this to freeciv-dev instead of
freeciv...

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/