Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: tv players fix?

To: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: tv players fix?
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:21:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Horn G=E1bor wrote:
> In the current gamelog format dead players are marked as humans. (Second
> item in the STATUS lines elements). It's a problem, please fix it either
> in the dead patch or the gamlog generator code, dunno which is
> responsible for this.

But dead players _are_ human. We could extend the STATUS line to give info
on whether players are dead too, but that would break the old script, I
guess.

Ultimately, you need to recognize that the "tv" patch is unofficial,
unsupported and in time will be replaced with proper global observers that
are not players at all.

  - Per