Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] map contribution question

To: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] map contribution question
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:40:54 -0500

> ps.: one techinqual qestion :) i made a map w/ civworld. it's for duel,
> 50x50, aifill 4, spec 320, preset startiong positions. I balanced the 2
> player island, but not all the 4. That would be very hard i think. I
> mean to provide equal circumstances in every combination the 2 player
> can get one of the 4 islands. Is it possible to define which 2 would be
> the 'player' islands? Or just w/ restarts?

Interesting, after trying this, the answer is no. Only having X starting
positions will reduce maxplayers to X. The code in question btw is in
gamehand.c I suppose that this can be modified somehow, the question is
how. Since start positions in savegames are only used by scenarios, what
kind of rules would you like to employ?

-mike