Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Automatic Terrain Improvement

To: Sören Schulze <soeren.d.schulze@xxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Automatic Terrain Improvement
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:00:14 +0200

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 02:03:53PM +0200, Sören Schulze wrote:
> I like the automatic terrain improvement of engineers and settlers,
> but sometimes it does not really work: They simply forget to build
> railroads and to irrigate and many things more. But when I say them
> what to do exactly, they do.
> I have got 1.14.0.
> I have also been playing 1.10.0 where they work better (always build
> railroads, but do not improve the terrain as well as in 1.14.0, when
> that works well).

I can't comment why the AI doesn't built as much railroads as in the
previous versions.

> Are improvements planned there for the next version(s)?

I have a new client side engineers and settlers task management called
SettlerManagementAgent (SMA). While I can't say that it performs
better than the current auto-settler it is written from scratch with
good diagnostics. So if it wouldn't built as many railroads as you
like you we can change the parameters. As an extra bonus it will also
build cities.

While to code for SMA is ready required support code isn't yet
included in freeciv. So I can't tell an exact time of inclusion.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Are you saying that you actually used the Classpath Java AWT classes in