[Freeciv] Re: Problems with AI
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 08:17:19PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> I would like ask players what they think are the problems with the
> current AI. The perception of these problems may be different amond
> players and developers.
- It attacks early, but if you reject it, it never comes back.
- It attacks halfheartedly, not coordinated at one point.
- It rarely builds roads, railroads, or irrigation (too late).
- It never attacks transports or weaker ships (at least very rarely)
- If you attack the AI, it doesn't strike back, with the one exception,
when you put a musketeer/alpine troops on a mountain next to a city,
it uses up all its units to attack yours. :->
- It doesn't attempt to get lost cities back.
- It seldom uses diplomats for attack.
- It updates its units too late.
- It builds the wrong wonders.
- It builds cities on the poles (hard to defend).
- It doesn't fortify its units successfully!
- It should prefer to build units in cities with barracks.
- It goes back to monarchy some times.
Well, this is for hard AI.
Christian Knoke * * * http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/
* * * * * * * * * Ceterum censeo Microsoft esse dividendum.