Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2003:
[Freeciv] Freeciv article in german mag

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Freeciv article in german mag
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:13:52 +0200

The July edition of the german linux mag easylinux has a 5 page cover
article about Freeciv. The full text is also available on the internet at
http://www.easylinux.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2003/07/052-freeciv/

The authors give a very good readable introduction to the game, which helps
newbies a good step on their way of learning Freeciv. So I think we can
recommend it as a german introduction to the game.

They also cover package based installation on actual Red Hat and SuSE
systems. I was really shocked to read that SuSE 8.1 still offers version
1.12.0, as SuSE 8.2 offers version 1.13.0. Unfortunately the article does
not mention the installation of 1.14.0 rpm packages from our website.

Should we write a hints page on package installation for the most common
distributions?

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/