Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: LongTurn Freeciv server

To: Adam Czachorowski <gislan@xxxxx>
Cc: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: LongTurn Freeciv server
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:03:27 +0200

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:10:28AM +0200, Adam Czachorowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> As you propably know some time ago we've started first longturn Freeciv
> game (24h timeout, some rules modifications). Everything is going fine
> except one thing - stability of server. The problem isn't software error,
> server crashes due to lack of electricity. It's only a home computer of
> LarryN (one of admins). Becouse players are getting angry we need to find
> other, stable server for our game. That's why I'm writing this e-mail. Is
> there any chance at hosting of our game at freeciv.org ??? Unfortunatly we
> need a patched version of Freeciv (user authorization), but it shouldn't
> be problem since pubserver is running more than one version of Freeciv.
> So, is there any chance at hosting at freeciv.org? Or maybe you've got
> better ideas?

No problem, I can do it tomorrow at 19:00 MET.

Let me know which versions of Freeciv you want to use, which patches
you apply, send me the patches I do not have and the set of commands
to start the server with (read with -r).  The /fix command can be used
to fix the timeout when the game is running.

The only thing I need to work on is a "home page" for each running game,
that explains the game specifics in terms a end user can understand.
The viewgame.phtml script shows some information, but not everything.

--
Reinier