Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2003:
[Freeciv] LongTurn Freeciv server

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] LongTurn Freeciv server
From: Adam Czachorowski <gislan@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 00:10:28 +0200

Hi

As you propably know some time ago we've started first longturn Freeciv
game (24h timeout, some rules modifications). Everything is going fine
except one thing - stability of server. The problem isn't software error,
server crashes due to lack of electricity. It's only a home computer of
LarryN (one of admins). Becouse players are getting angry we need to find
other, stable server for our game. That's why I'm writing this e-mail. Is
there any chance at hosting of our game at freeciv.org ??? Unfortunatly we
need a patched version of Freeciv (user authorization), but it shouldn't
be problem since pubserver is running more than one version of Freeciv.
So, is there any chance at hosting at freeciv.org? Or maybe you've got
better ideas?

Best Regards
Adam