Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Transforming ocean

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Transforming ocean
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:48:24 +0100

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:09:29AM +0100, Alexis Scheuer wrote:

>    May I just ask a simple question, whose answer does not seem to be in
> tne game's help, nor in the web pages :
>
>    OK, you can transform an ocean into a swamp (taking 36 turns), but
> HOW cn it be done?
>
>    An engineer on a transport cannot do it, and it cannot go on an ocean
> square without a transport to support it...  I realy don't see how to do
> it (would that be a bug?).

Ok, I give it a try:

How can I transform ocean into swamp?

First, you need an engineer. A settler is not sufficient. Put it on a boat,
e.g. a galleon or a transport. It will auto-sentry then. Move the boat on
the tile you wish to transform. Note, that three adjacent tiles to this tile
must be land already.

Sentry the boat. Then click on the ship unit, and awake the engineer, not the
ship! Then press "O" to start the transform work. This will take 36 turns.
It is perfectly possible to use multiple engineers on 1 or more transport
units, in order to accelerate the task. But it is a good idea to accompany
these units with a cruiser or battleship to give them defense.

>    Thanks for your help (answer, if any, may be added to the web pages,
> I think).  Very nice job allready.

Thanks.

Christian

--