Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Authorization

To: Adam Czachorowski <gislan@xxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Authorization
From: John Wheeler <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 05:41:45 -0800 (PST)

> And what other players think about authorization?

I'd be happy with simple password for multiplayer
games.  When I play by myself, though, I'd want to not
have to bother with authorization.  (If you want to
get really fancy, you could restrict the IP addresses
that a player could log in from -- but not too much,
as people with dial-up access (such as myself)
frequently have the final number change from session
to session.)

Also, one thing you might want to have for long
tournament games is start off with AI players for
latecomers to be able to join in.  If you do that, the
ability to change the password would be useful.

++JohnWheeler