Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: [q] civserver doesn't restart the game

To: Andrey Kotrekhov <kota@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [q] civserver doesn't restart the game
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:50:11 +0100

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:27:19PM +0200, Andrey Kotrekhov wrote:

> Hi , All!
> Some days ago I change sev server to new version and have a problem.
> The parameter -q doesn't work.
> When last player disconnect server say:
> 2: Lost connection: kota from localhost (player Alexander).
>  >
> 2: restarting in 60 seconds for lack of players
>  >
> 2: restarting for lack of players
>  >
> 2: last message repeated 2 times
>  >
> 2: last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
>  >
> 2: last message repeated 4 times (total 8 repeats)
>
> But it doesn't exit.
> And new players can't connect too (server doesn't restart).
> The old player can connect but can't continue the game.
> The server restart the game only the player disconnect secondary.
>
> The version from cvs has the same bug (is this bug?).

Yes.

Exactly the same thing is happening on pubserver.freeciv.org
but only with the CVS version.  All the other servers including
the 1.14.0 release servers restart fine.

> How can I restart the server when all player leave the game?

We used to scan the civserver output for the "game over" message
and kill the server upon seeing it.  The -q option made this
unnecessary.  But this is a bug that must be fixed.

--
Reinier