Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Maps from FreeCiv

To: Wawrzyniec Niewodniczanski <niewod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Maps from FreeCiv
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:36:18 -0500

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczanski wrote:

> Can I add maps form FreeCiv to our www.civ.org.pl site (We hope to start
> this week). I know that's has no sense, but I would like have all freeciv
> maps in place. (I think that GPL licence covers maps too, but I think is nice
> to ask for permission).

Yes.  Anything you want to do with FreeCiv under the GPL, you can do.

You may want to talk to us (freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx), Mateusz Stefek
(ms209290@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, our Polish translator and general
developer), or Rafal Bursig (bursig@xxxxxxxxx, the SDL client author) to
communicate about any additions to the game that you have.  Since most
of don't know Polish (we know languages like English, German, Norwegian,
and Italian), we probably won't read your web site - so you should tell
us directly any ideas you have (with or without "patches" for the code).

You may also want to develop a Polish translation/variant of the web
page http://freeciv.org/.  There are already versions of the page in
several languages (German, French, Italian, and Romanian), and if you do
want to do work on a Polish freeciv.org page I'm sure our webmasters
will set up a link to it - just let us know.

Finally, if any of you want to help us develop Freeciv, I suggest you
send patches or ideas to freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, or connect to (IRC
channel) #freeciv on irc.freenode.net.

jason