Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Internet play

To: Paul Slusarz <kmicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Internet play
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:37:24 +0100

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 10:03:49AM -0600, Paul Slusarz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A few matters:
>
> 1. Connection to zhaba.alkar.net never works. I get mysterious "File not
> found". Anyone having similar problems? This is for Windows client (both
> 1.13.0, and 1.14b1).

Don't know why that doesn't work, but i usually only play on civserver.

> 2. What's with the players? About 60% of the time for the past 3 weeks that
> I've been playing people will either chat for half hour and never play, or
> quit in round 4. What a waste of time...

Usually People wait until 5-6 players are in a pregame than the game
starts. And using the time to chat is a good thing. Sometimes you get
tips how to play.

> 3. Are there groups that play regularly on civserver, and if so, what are
> your times and days?

no

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem