Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2002:
[Freeciv] single player against AI

To: Geoff & Alison Day <dayga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] single player against AI
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:12:10 -0500

> I have just received a copy of Freeciv, and was wondering if it can be
> played single player against the AI on one PC?

Most definitely.

you can find information here:
http://www.freeciv.org/faq/#QA2

in a nutshell, the server commands to know are:

'set aifill X'  # where X is the number of AI players - 1  you want to play
                  against. This will create random AI players

'create <player name>'  # creates a particular AI player. (one with name
                          'player name')

'easy'
'normal'
'hard'

set the difficulty of the ai players.

use 'help <command>' in the server to get online help.

-mike