Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address

To: "C Ratchet" <zratchet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address
From: jocuri@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:24:21 +0300

> Is anyone who knows the Freeciv code interested in helping with a real-time
> strategy game based on Freeciv that will also XML-ize the maps and rulesets,
> and GUI the server, and make an easy ruleset and map editor?

Why do you need another game based on Freeciv? If you
write a patch for Freeciv, it will probably be implemented
and Freeciv will support the XML standard.

However, the current format of the saved games is pretty
functionable, I don't know if making support for XML will
help much.

If you want to start writing a patch that will allow games
to be saved/loaded *also* in XML, you can take a more
closer look at server/savegame.c and server/savegame.h.
Also, for development issues, the list freeciv-dev is the
official communication list dedicated to Freeciv.

> Also, I need to know how to change the email address this list comes to.

You unsubscribe the old email from this list and you
register the new one.

For details regarding this procedures, please visit
http://freeciv.org/mailinglists.html .

Thank you,
vladd