Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Connection issues

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Connection issues
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:08:35 +0200

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 04:58:48PM +0200, rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi there=20
>
> I want to run freeciv on my LAN.
>
> I am running the server on an x machine and the other players are using=20
> windows machines,  how do I connect everyone up?

Start the server.  Start the client, type the name of the server host
as the server to connect to.  Connect.  Wait for everybody to arrive.

Done.

If you're on the Internet, start the server with -m to make it show up
in the metaserver list.  This has the disadvantage of attracting others
to the game.

--
Reinier