Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2002:
[Freeciv] status of translations

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] status of translations
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:06:41 +0200 (MEST)

German: 2 untranslated messages
Dutch: 10 untranslated messages
Swedish: 11 untranslated messages
Spanish: 11 untranslated messages
French: 71 untranslated messages
Italian: 160 untranslated messages
Finnish: 170 untranslated messages
Russian:  187 untranslated messages
Japanese: 348 untranslated messages
Danish: 456 untranslated messages
Norwegian: 456 untranslated messages
Hungarian: 476 untranslated messages
Portugese: 751 untranslated messages
Polish: 808 untranslated messages
Romanian: 981 untranslated messages
Brazilian Portugese: 1361 untranslated messages
British English: 2862 untranslated messages

I suggest we retire Brazilian Portugese, as Brazilians can use Portugese
instead.

Also, please translators: Use the ./check_po.pl script to find errors in
your translation files. Report false positives to the list so that they
can be fixed.

These numbers are generated by "msgfmt *.po --statistics". Maybe we could
use that to autogenerate a web page about the status of the various
translations? That way, people can see where help is needed.

Yours,
Per

"It is difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
Especially if there is no cat there." - Confucius