Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A call out to all you documenters out there

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A call out to all you documenters out there
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:11:23 -0400 (EDT)

All the images in the documentation are from engels.  I'm not really sure
what to replace it with, so I've uploaded a tarball of terrain shots for
lexxy, cevo, isotrident and rhires.  Each image shows a main continent
with every terrain and special, plus a smaller one to the north
demonstrating rivers and three islands to show context-dependant terrains
in more detail.

The documentation also gives images of each unit.  For anyone interested
in tackling that, you may find this script useful

cat units.spec  |
 grep [0-6], |
 grep -v \; |
 tr '",' "  " |
 sed s/u\\.//g |
 awk '{print "convert -crop 64x48+" $2*65+1 "+" $1*49+1 " units.xpm " $3
".png"}' |
 bash

Run it any tileset directory (actually any directory with matching
units.spec and units.xpm files) and it will produce pngs for each unit, by
name.  It assumes 64x48 with borderwidth 1 (true for all isometric sets
except microisotrident), but you can change that by replacing the values
in the awk line.

Hope this help,

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."