Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2002:
[Freeciv] FUADEC!

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] FUADEC!
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:26:37 -0800

Hello Fellow Freecivers!

I am planning the first (to my knowlege) Freeciv convention (of sorts).

FUADEC - The Freeciv Users and Developers European Convention.
(Isn't that a great name?  Shamelessly lifted from GNOME)

What is it?  Well its just a chance for us to meet in person, talk, get to
know what a freak the guy at the other end of the mailing list really is,
or maybe just yell at that guy who stabbed you in the back on civserver.

Why?  Because I'll be in Amsterdam with a few other Freecivers at that
time already, and don't you think its time?!

Where?  Amsterdam, The Netherland.  We don't have an actual location yet,
its going to depend on how many of you can make it.

When?  Sometime (15:00?) in the afternoon of Saturday August 3, 2002

Cost?  As little as possible.  As we all know 'Civilization ought to
be free!'  This will also depend on how many people show up, where we
end up etc.  Stay tuned.

I am trying to get a feel for how many people can make it.

Please feel free to email me, or catch me on IRC (irc.openprojects.net
#freeciv) if you have any questions or would like to let me know you want
to go.  If the response is good, I'll set up a page on www.freeciv.org
with all the details as they develope.

If any of you live in/near Amsterdam and have location suggestions,
please speak up.

--
Paul Zastoupil