Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: freeciv server setup question

To: Sean Bickel <sbickel@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: freeciv server setup question
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:54:42 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Sean Bickel wrote:

> I am interested in setting up a server that will allow players to connect
> when its their turn then email the next player when that it's their turn.
> Can the server be setup this way?

I dont think so presenly although I too would like such a capability. I
have also found that setting timelimit to 24 hours does not work: it shows
momentarily then gets written-over as 5 hours 47 minutes, which is
probably not long enough to get a good nights sleep. So long term campaign
play it seems has not yet been very well accomodated.

I have not even found out how to set up the server to restart when a game
ends. Presently when I leave servers running I tend to wake up to find
that someone had a game finished the game and the server is still sitting
there with game ended instead of permitting another game. It looks like
freeciv.org's servers may be hacked or something unless they know about
some options that I havent discovered yet.

Blessed Be. -MarkM-