Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Wonder Customization

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Wonder Customization
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:29:16 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Matthew Leingang wrote:
> I am interested in customing Freeciv to add some wonders.  I tried this
> just by hacking the buildings.ruleset file, but I caused something
> strange.  Now the AI's all rush to build Adam Smith; after that, they
> build Stock Exchanges and suddenly they have spaceships!
>
> I must have messed up the order by inserting a building into the ruleset.
> I put it at the end, and the server complained of too many buildings.  I
> deleted the (disabled) Solar Station and inserted my new wonder in its
> alphabetical place, and this happened.  What's the "right" way to
> customize this file?

Sorry, but most of the buildings.ruleset customization stuff is simply not
working as it should. Someone is working hard to fix that, but it is a
non-trivial issue. Hopefully this will be possible in the next version of
freeciv.

Yours,
Per

"Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists."
 -- John Kenneth Galbraith