Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2001:
[Freeciv] Wonder Customization

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Wonder Customization
From: Matthew Leingang <leingang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:14:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi Freeciv'ers,

I am interested in customing Freeciv to add some wonders.  I tried this
just by hacking the buildings.ruleset file, but I caused something
strange.  Now the AI's all rush to build Adam Smith; after that, they
build Stock Exchanges and suddenly they have spaceships!

I must have messed up the order by inserting a building into the ruleset.
I put it at the end, and the server complained of too many buildings.  I
deleted the (disabled) Solar Station and inserted my new wonder in its
alphabetical place, and this happened.  What's the "right" way to
customize this file?

In case you're wondering, the wonder I devised is the New Jersey Turnpike.
Has the effect of Superhighways in all cities.  Not glamorous, but fun.
:-)

Thanks for any help.

--Matthew

Matthew Leingang                http://www.math.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University              leingang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Mathematics       /usr/games/fortune says:

The University of California Statistics Department; where mean is normal,
and deviation standard.