Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: FAQ question

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: FAQ question
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:53:30 +0100

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:01:29PM -0800, Martin F. Melhus wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Thanks for creating and maintaining such a great game.
>
> Now that 15% of the PC market is using or about to upgrade to
> a BSD based system (specifically Mac OSX,) I think that it would
> be appropriate to put together information about how to build
> and install freeciv on systems running Mac OSX.
>
> With a little help, I could even do a build myself, and post
> the binary.  I did my own builds when using LinuxPPC, so I have
> a little experience with that, but I've never put a build together
> for others to download the binary, and with the multiple
> processors and architectures in the Mac line, I don't know that
> I'd get it right.
>
> Regards,
> Martin F. Melhus
> aeronaut6@xxxxxxxxx

There have been several threads on freeciv-dev concerning building on MacOSX.
It can be done.  However, nobody seems to have ptovided a ready-to-install
binary distribution.  If anyone who has tried this can provide a
distribution and/or buiulding instructions for inclusion on the website,
I'll add it.

--
Reinier