Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2001:
[Freeciv] FAQ question

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] FAQ question
From: "Martin F. Melhus" <aeronaut6@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:01:29 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

Thanks for creating and maintaining such a great game.

Now that 15% of the PC market is using or about to upgrade to
a BSD based system (specifically Mac OSX,) I think that it would
be appropriate to put together information about how to build
and install freeciv on systems running Mac OSX.

With a little help, I could even do a build myself, and post
the binary.  I did my own builds when using LinuxPPC, so I have
a little experience with that, but I've never put a build together
for others to download the binary, and with the multiple
processors and architectures in the Mac line, I don't know that
I'd get it right.

Regards,
Martin F. Melhus
aeronaut6@xxxxxxxxx