Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: changing the number of turns

To: Vibhu Rishi <vibhu.rishi@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: changing the number of turns
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:43:16 +0100

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 07:31:24PM +0530, Vibhu  Rishi wrote:
> hi
> how do I change the number of turns for the settler to do something. If
> i remember in CIV II the roads were made in 2 turns and mines in 3, but
> in Freeciv, it takes about 3 turns for a road and about 15 turns for a
> mine !

Take a look at data/*/terrain.ruleset. And here at these fields:

; road_time            = time to build road; if 0, cannot build road
; irrigation_time      = time to irrigate; if 0, cannot irrigate
; mining_time          = time to mine; if 0, cannot mine
; transform_time       = time to transform; if 0, cannot transform

If you want to achieve CIV II compatibility you may want to look at
data/civ2.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Are you saying that you actually used the Classpath Java AWT classes in