Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2001:
[Freeciv] civclient stability problems under hpcmips NetBSD 1.5 - soluti

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] civclient stability problems under hpcmips NetBSD 1.5 - solution
From: sunqist <yorick@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 02:41:33 -0500

   If anyone else has had problems getting the civclient to work stabily under
NetBSD 1.5
running on an HPCMIPS platform, try compiling the 1.8.1 version of freeciv for
the athena
widget based client (./configure --with-Xaw).  When I tested it, admittedly a
questionable
litmus, this was the most recent version of freeciv that I could get working
without any
problems.  At the time of this post 1.11.4 is the most recent version of the
client.  The
symptoms I saw were that the Xaw3d and GTK clients died during load and the Xaw
client
segfaulted whenever the city popup window was called.
   Thanks again to Reinier for all his help and to everyone who has put work
into the
freeciv project.  You've done a great job of making a wonderful program
available to a wide
range of people.

-Jed Sullivan