Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] civclient 1.11.4 hangs under netbsd (hpcmips)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] civclient 1.11.4 hangs under netbsd (hpcmips)
From: JS <yorick@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 09:59:09 -0500

I'm running netbsd 1.5 on a hpcmips device.   I'm running the pre
compiled binary for civclient from the netbsd packages ftp.   When I run
the civclient process hangs.  With the -d 2 flag, I see all of the .spec
files loaded and then nothing else.  On a machine with a working
civclient, the next step shown in -d 2 mode is the .civclientrc file
getting read.   While the process hangs, it eats up 90% of my CPU
resources.   I've also run the civclient from gdb; I don't see any debug
messages.  It just never runs.  Any thought on where to look next?

Thanks,
-Jed Sullivan