Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Cannot start freeciv

To: Kevin Stokes <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Cannot start freeciv
From: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:33:45 +0200

Kevin Stokes wrote:

  I just installed the freeciv-gtk package.  I'm running Debian Potato.
When I try to start FreeCiv (single player) from the Gnome menu, it simply
tells me that the connection was refused when I click the button to connect
using the localhost 5555 port.

  I have verified that I can ping to 127.0.0.1 with no problems.

  What can I do?

It seems that you just started the Client. You have to start the server too before you can play.

Niels