Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: isometric view

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: isometric view
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:15:26 +0200

On Sunday 29 April 2001 21:43, Reinier Post wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 09:43:35PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 05:22:59PM +0000, Gianmario Scotti wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >

> > > I have downloaded the newest CVS snapshot of freeciv, and
> > > after compiling and running, I notice that now the view is
> > > isometric. For some strange reason, I can't stand the
> > > isometric view, and it's actually the strongest reason why I
> > > liked freeciv. Is there any way to turn off isometric view?
> >
> > AFAIK: civclient -t trident
>
> What is more: you can download and unpack the tinydent tiles and use
>
>  civclient -tiles tinydent
>
> I like them.  Thanks to the three people who made them.

Perhaps we should include tinydent with the freeciv distribution? It is just
a few more KB. If we want to we can then remove them later the moment they
require any effort to maintain, so they won't make maintaining freeciv any
more difficult. (It is a bit of a pain to update 4 tilesets when you want to
modify something.)
Result: more stuff to the freeciv users at no effort from the maintainers. It
is at least a better option than not including them.

-Thue