Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: 3 questions

To: Sergey Pflyuk <spflyuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: 3 questions
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:59:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Sergey,

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Sergey Pflyuk wrote:

> 3. Can I reduce resolution for tilesets without restarting X server? I

No. But with some handwork, you can make them bigger. All tilesets are
saved as .xpm files on your hd. You can modify them (for example with
the gimp). Anyhow, you can change the resolution of your X server without
restarting it. At least if you are using Xfree86. Try hitting
"strg alt +" or "strg alt -".

> have 1280x1024 and it makes "Trident" tileset way too small (only
> "Engels" have right size).

Depends on your monitor size. On 19" (and above), which you should
have when using 1280x1024, its not to small at all. I speak from
experience ;)

--

Karl-Ingo Friese
kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx