Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Getting access to unittools.[hc] and gotohand.[hc] from cl

To: Nis Haller Baggesen <nis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Getting access to unittools.[hc] and gotohand.[hc] from client
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 16:07:36 +0100

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 03:11:13PM +0100, Nis Haller Baggesen wrote:
> We are a couple of guys who are trying to develop a a new client-side AI
> for freeciv. In order to get it up and running we would like to be able
> to reuse as much of the existing code as possible.
>
> For this reason we would like to use the functions in gotohand and
> unittools, but while we can include the headerfiles, and thus see the
> function definitions, we are unable to actually link in these functions.
>
> Any help on how to do link these files would be appreciated.

IMHO it would be the easiest to move them to common. You can move the
actual files or the methods. Only small changes to Makefile.am would
be required. It may also possible to hack the Makefile.am further to
include server/{gotohand,unittools}.o in the client binary.

What are you doing exactly? Can I read about it somewhere?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm