Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2001:
[Freeciv] obscuring the capital

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] obscuring the capital
From: andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Andrew Pimlott)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:30:22 -0500

Dumb question from someone who's only played against the AI.  When I
play against the AI, it's easy to go straight for the enemy's
capital because it has a well-known name.  Similarly, I can tell
when I'm near the capital when I see the names of early cities.

Is it common, in multiplayer games, to change the names of the
cities to disguise the capital?  Would it not be a good default to
randomize the names of cities (from among the pool for the nation)?

Andrew

--
Capitalism interprets regulation as damage, and routes around it.