Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2000:
[Freeciv] HELP !!!

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] HELP !!!
From: "Pierre Petliczew" <Pierre.Petliczew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:27:35 +0100

Hello out there

First of all I want to congratulate all devellopers of freeciv (really a
great game)
And now my question: I am sitting in front of an alpha machine in
university.
I executed 'configure' and then 'make'. Unfortunately it is not allowed
to install
anything on these machines so 'make install' is not possible. But thats
not the problem.
The civserver works allready fine but when I try to execute the
civclient I get the following message:

1: Could not find readable helpdata.txt in data path
1: The data path may be set via the environment variable FREECIV_PATH
1: Current data path is:
".:data:/user/stud/s00/jetyt/.freeciv:/usr/local/share/freeciv"
1: Did not read help texts
0: Could not find readable file "trident.tilespec" in data path.
0: The data path may be set via the environment variable FREECIV_PATH.
0: Current data path is:
".:data:/user/stud/s00/jetyt/.freeciv:/usr/local/share/freeciv"

I'm really frustrated though I know that other students are allready
playing the game and it works !!!

I would be happy if you reply to my question ...

THX  Jetyt