Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Instalation problem

To: Victor Hugo <vhd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Instalation problem
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:19:17 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Victor Hugo wrote:

>I've instaled freeciv in Linux.
>I'm running XWindow. I can start the server but the client write this error
>message:
>
>civclient: error in loading shared libraries: libgdk_imlib.so.1: cannot open
>shared object
>file: No such file or directory
>
>How can I solve this problem?

Either you don't have the shared library installed or it is not found by
dynamic linker.

Solution: install the package that contains the required library
libgdk_imlib.so.1 (the package depends on your Linux distribution which you
do not mention; also the installation method used could be of use) OR if it
is installed add the directory path of the library to /etc/ld.so.conf and
run ldconfig or set environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the
directory containing the required lib.

        Mika
Never explain.  Your friends do not need it and your enemies will never
believe you anyway.
                -- Elbert Hubbard