Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: original civ / civ2 tilesets

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: original civ / civ2 tilesets
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:03:00 +0100

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 11:26:22PM +0100, Martin Gutenbrunner wrote:
> Hi!
> In your FAQ you write about original civ / civ2 tilesets. I understand that
> you can't distribute them, but I'd be interested in those tilesets
> nonetheless.
>
> Is there any possibility for me to get some information about where to get
> those tilesets? Or could you give me URLs of the people's homepages who
> wanted to contribute an original tileset?

Well, references are posted occasionally, but tilesets tend to go 'stale',
because new tile types appear with new versions, so even if you found one
it might not be usable.  I don't think I've seen a reference to a working
tileset in the last year or so.  You could scan the mailing list archives ...

I don't think it would improve matters to include such references into
the FAQ.

--
Reinier Post