Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2000:
[Freeciv] how to go about hacking the code

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] how to go about hacking the code
From: "Vibhu Rishi" <vibhu.rishi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:46:21 +0530

Hi,
Cheers for a great game !

Are there any existing design docs for the game ? Where do I start looking for the algos and the techniques that go in making the game ?

If I want to make a similar game, how do I go about it ? Is all that is existing as way of documentation only in the code or are some other documents also there ? Could you please pass on the link to the docs ?

I did try going through the code , but since I am not too good at programming , I am having a tough time trying to make sense of the code, though I would dearly like to be able to do so, probably with a little help from you folks.

To be very specific, this is what I am looking for :
1) AI algorithms.
2) Client window design.

Thanks,

Vibhu..