Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: memory usage ?!

To: Freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: memory usage ?!
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:43:24 -0300

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 11:26:39AM +0530, Pallav Nawani wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, dna wrote:
>
> > After  playing freeciv for approximately 2 hours, my computer slows down
> > really
> > BAD. That is, running civserver and one of two civclients (both 1.11.5
> > devel) on
> > an Athlon 600 with 128 Mb of RAM and 200 Mb of Swap. /usr/bin/top shows
> > about
> > 250 % of memory usage for X. Is this normal (can't be!)?
>
> certainly not. It works well for me.
> this was earlier reported for freeciv on windows. There is
> supposedly a memory leak in gtk for windows due to which this
> happens. (but this dosen't explain why it is happening on your
> system if as I assume, you are using linux).

Possibly a buggy GTK+ theme?

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar