Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Graphical server frontend

Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Graphical server frontend
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 10:30:30 +0200

Thue wrote:

> Random thought: You could split the server like the client, with a sub
> directory
> for a terminal based frontend, one for a graphical frontend, etc. It should be
> easy to isolate the common server code.
> It would also allow for an easier programmed and more powerfull frontend I
> think.

You are right. The Civgo way of having the internal communication with
civserver localized is really ugly (and error prone). Plus it has to be
updated with every new version of Freeciv.

Maybe you could go a step further and make the civserver a menu in the
civclient (keeping the term based version as a plus).

> (not that I intent to make a graphical frontend myself)

Nor do I, as I told you some time ago, I _don't_ _know_ _C_ .

> -Thue

Chris

--
* Christian Knoke                     +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel            Wurtleutetweute 49 *