Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] HELP!: I can't get native language support!

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] HELP!: I can't get native language support!
From: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 23:32:12 +0200

Hi,
Today I wanted to try the local language support. I followed the
instructions I found but it didn't work. The following is cut and pasted
from my Konsole:

freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > export LANG; LANG=de
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > echo $LANG
de
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > civ

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > # Quitted client
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > ser
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.11.4
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
1: Now accepting new client connections.

For introductory help, type 'help'.

freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > # pressed Ctrl-C
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > rpm -q libc
libc-2.1.3-65
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > rpm -q gettext
gettext-0.10.35-132
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > rpm -q libz
libz-1.1.3-138
freeciv@a77:~/stable/freeciv-1.11.4 > rmdir /root
rmdir: /root: Keine Berechtigung

This doesn't look like german at all, except for the very last command
that has absolutely nothing to do with Freeciv. Excuse me for being a
newbie on local language support, but what should I do?