Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: diff-files available?

To: Zeno Gantner <zeno.gantner@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: diff-files available?
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 10:20:16 -0400

At 2000/07/01 08:05 , Zeno Gantner wrote:
>Hi guys,
>When I started playing freeciv some time ago, every update could be done
by the program "patch", and there were diff-files available at the ftp server.
>Now I can't find them anywhere. I don't want to download more than 2m!!
Does someome know where there are these files?

At every release, I check for "reasonable" diffs.  The diff between 1.10.0
and 1.11.0 was two-thirds the size of the 1.11.0 delivery -- I figured it
wasn't worth it.

If a diff is ever small enoungh, I'll post it.  I've been thinking that it
has to be less than about half the size of the delivery to be worth
posting.  If there is a demand for larger diffs, I can handle that.  If so,
what size cut-off should I use?

jjm