Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: [watching the AI]

To: Freeciv-Forum <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [watching the AI]
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:23:34 +0530 (IST)

> > Hello,
> >
> > after playing payciv 1 & 2 I was very amazed how strong the freeciv-AI plays
> > in the early game. Now I have several questions:

> Just toggle AI on yourself (if the AI's name is thue then "ai thue"). You can
> also connect the client to an AI player
>
> > cheating? What does the AI change when it cheats?
>
> It often ignores known/unknown territory.
> It can see which units is in a stack, also in cities.
> I don't think it pays penalties for switching production between units and
> buildings.
> The hard AI is not limited by the government max rates.
> In what will be 1.11 the AI ignores Fog of War.
>
> All these are triviel compared to how the AI cheats in civ 1/2 and SMAC.

I just played an AI only game ( I ai toggled myself), and it seems
that AI (in hard mode) does not have anarchy when you change from on
form of government (In my case, despotism to republic) to other.

pallav.

O Sun of refulgent glory, I made you what you are.
                                         - Mandakyo Upnishad
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
M-41,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |
PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092453      |                                             |