Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Hi!

To: saxtouri@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Hi!
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:58:18 +0200

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 07:07:56PM +0300, Armeniwn wrote:
> Hi all.
>

> I tried to install freeciv in a Solaris PC (I think Solaris
> 2.7) connecting to a University Local Network (which means I don't have a
> root's password), and when I "./configure" it responds that
>
> "everything OK, but X11/xmp.h is missing". I did "where xmp.h" but nothing
> was found.

I have a feeling you didn't use cut & paste to reproduce that message.

> Any ideas?

The XPM library (which provides X11/xpm.h) doesn't come with Solaris.
You may have to install it yourself, or tell ./configure where it is
installed.  I can explain to you how I installed XPM on Solaris if
you need me to.

Does 'make' work at all?

--
Reinier