Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: I must be stupid or something

To: Salvador Moreno <salvador@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: I must be stupid or something
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:12:05 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Salvador Moreno wrote:

>Ok here is my problem.
>
>I start civserver then civclient I connect.  A screen comes up saying
>FreeCive "because civ...." then a  buton on the right says end  turn or
>something.  HOW DO I START THE GAME?  I have tried a lot of things like
>going up to GAME and I can't select  New or nothing like that.
>
>Please help.

How about giving the command 'start' in the server command-line.
If you also want some possibly lethal opponents e.g. 'set aifill 5' before
starting the game will give you a total of 5 players (including you).

        Mika
After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing,
after all, as "wanting."  It is not logical, but it is often true.
                -- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7