Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Apolyton freeciv forum

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Apolyton freeciv forum
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:43:12 +0200

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
> At 2000/04/27 10:43 , Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> >I think we should ask the webmaster of apolyton, the main civ
> >site on the internet, to create a freeciv forum on their message board.
> >That should increase the visibility of freeciv and hopefully give us many
> >more players. Also, it will be an easy way for people to ask questions
> >about freeciv.
> >They are willing to do this if we ask.
> >
> >The apolyton message boards are at
> >http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi
> >
> >I would like to ask (I know the site), but perhaps one of the
> >administrator should do it?
> >
> >The emails of the apolyton webmasters are
> >dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx and markg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I'm willing to ask, if there is a show of interest here.  Will you folks
> really use an Apolyton Freeciv forum?
>
> jjm

The thought was not so much the freeciv players subscribed to this list,
but rather new players recruited at apolyton. I think many of them
allready have an interest.
Also, apolyton is the main civ site, we should be represented.

At least I will visit it once in a while, and answer questions/ forward
them to the mailinglist.

And as I wrote in the original mail, I can just as easily ask them myself
(and that will be enough), but I felt I shouldn't bypass the oficial
freeciv administrators.

-Thue