Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: freeCIV for DOS

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: freeCIV for DOS
From: michael <michael.hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:02:53 +0200

drongal@xxxxxx wrote:

> DOS is simply and best OS for one user for IBM PC!!

??? How does it come that you're so convinced of DOS ? As far as I know
it is just too old to be of any use. Yes - it is *simple* :-p But what
in hell makes it the best OS? Although I would call myself a Newbie
concerning Linux I could already see how *misleading* DOS is, especially
its structure with a lots of long-term-commands. Thus, the user has not
the possiblity of connecting them in different ways, which makes DOS
quite a weak OS - at least in my eyes. Just compare the "find"-command
betwenn DOS and Linux!
btw, how do you get along with the memory? How do you get more than
640KByte without dropping DOS *out* of the memory?

Well, lots of question... I don't wanna be offending, really. I'm just
interested in some answers to my questions ;-)

But anyway, shouldn't we - at least in this mailing list - talk more
about FreeCiv itself? Such like in-game tactics and strategies? How to
win, how to play etc.?

See Ya, Michael "Dumbass" Hasselmann