Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Installation on Windows NT

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Installation on Windows NT
From: "William Kerr-Smith" <Wkerr-smith@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:50:58 -0400

I've just discovered the FreeCiv site and I'm very keen to try the game.  However, although I can download the version for Windows, I cannot then install it on my computer.  I suspect the reason for this is that I'm using a PC at work and the hard drive has been configured so that programs cannot be installed on the "C" drive (a "Q" drive partition has been set aside for this) and the installation program does not give me a choice of which drive to install it to.  Is this likely to be the reason and, if it is, how do I get around it?

Many thanks,
Bill