Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Nations

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Nations
From: martin <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:26:45 +0000

Hello
On 10-Mar-00, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Robert Brady wrote:
>
>> > Now when playing England we now get the St George's flag. That's fairly
>> > sensible but then I think there should be a "Great Britain" nation aswell
>> > as I quite enjoyed playing with the Union Jack. That despite recent
>> > devolutionary trends ;-)
>>
>> Unfortunately there are some people who are opposed to this type of thing,
>> even rejecting offers to have code written to stop people choosing
>> {British,English}, {British,Scottish} in the same game.
>
> You mean that there are also people who oppose a plain British nation
> in the game that would play with the Union Jack? Admittedly it would be
> quite bizarre if you had a game with Brits and Scottish or English
> separately... ;-)
>
> Maybe you could have some option or something for an alternative
> game where there are no English, Irish etc. but just one British nation?
> I can't see how anyone could have a problem with this?
>

>         -     ---------- = = ---------//--+

well if there is to be not scottish or any other uk nation but just
British.you would need to use the same rule with the romans .take out
England, France, ESpain,Italy ect ..if the romans were picked as a nation at
the start since the romans had most of Europe.:P
Also even as the uk is known as the British nation.Scotland and England ARE
not one nation and never have been,we have had good time together, but never
been classed as one country.:)

Regards
--
Chat on #Rabble  uk3.arcnet.vapor.com port6667
Get Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org