Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: new list

To: ghod@xxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: new list
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 16:49:03 +0100

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 08:07:56AM -0500, ghod wrote:
> I wonder if we might setup a list for game play..
> you know one that would list which servers are up and when games will be
> played etc. etc.. or is there one already that I'm missing?

It's impossible to say when games will be played, because it's often
difficult to find enough players.  The metaserver infostring may be
set to indicate a target time for starting.

> I looked yesterday for games on the servers.. and well they were either
> in progress OR finished. would be nice to know when a game is going up
> and how many people can play in it, rank of player, blah blah blah..

THere is no rating system for players yet.  All you can join is
join a game in pregame status and wait patiently.

--
Reinier