Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Just some backgournd

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Just some backgournd
From: ghod <ghod@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:01:32 -0500

since I'm new ot the list, I thought I might give a little background on
myself. I've been playing CIV since the dawn of the game. and LOVE IT. I
own CIV, CIVNET, Civ2, and Civ2 MultiPlayer Gold and the civ2 add-on
(which came with gold as well) I now also Own SMAC and the Alien
Crossfire add-on for it and think they are just as good as CIV.. my ALL
TIME favorite game! I also have MoM and Moo Moo2 etc.. so I like those
types of games.

Now, this movement towards a multiplayer UNIX (Linux) version of the
game is the best news I have heard in a LONG time. Making the civ2 clone
is a MUST, then press on to SMAC and other rule sets for the game. the
setting up of servers to play on is cool...

I've only played it a few times, but it seems quite stable and was a
snap to compile and install. I don't care if the graphics are the best
or not.. most players want SMART AI and good game play.

I'll wait some before I start bashing it :)

Thanks again for all the HARD work people are putting into this!!

Ghod