Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Problem running FreeCiv 1.10.0

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Problem running FreeCiv 1.10.0
From: root <lukeskyfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:21:08 -0600

I have complied and installed version 1.10.0 of FreeCiv on a Mandrake 7.0 box
running kernel 2.2.14 with GLIB and GTK+ versions 1.2.7.  The game complied and
installed fine(it installed to /usr/local/bin.  I brought up the readme file
and started the server under user "luke" by typing ./civserver.  I am unsure of
what to do next.  I have tried several things, including opening another
Konsole(I am running the most recent stable version of KDE) and logging on as
another user "luke2" and starting a civclient.  I have also tried using the
same user, "luke" and starting a civclient but I always get the same result.
It gives me the message
Xlib:  connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib:  Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Gtk-WARNING **:  cannot open display: :0
I have also tried starting the client with ./civclient --server localhost(which
is my server name) but I get the same result.  What am I doing wrong?

Luke
Email address:  lukeskyfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
OR              RMaul28932@xxxxxxx